Sydney Meditation Centre Director Kevin Hume has worked extensively in government and the corporate sector. In his communications consultancy he specialized in strategic advice to Cabinet Ministers, heads of government departments and agencies and their private sector equivalents. As a high level journalist and later as senior adviser to a ground-breaking industrial relations cabinet minister, Kevin Hume has been both observer and participant at a policy level in changing workplace practice and the legislative framework within which such practices take place for over 30 years. As a workplace consultant he can now create from both sound practical experience and thorough theoretical knowledge, a course tailor-made to the needs of you and your organization.
His workplace courses emphasize practical ways to:
- Work with greater focus and fewer distractions
- Reduce stress and anxiety levels
- Manage health more intelligently
- Enhance confidence and ability to meet any workplace challenge with skill and success
- Develop emotional resilience and strength
- Enhance emotional intelligence and creativity at work
- Improve job satisfaction, workplace performance and productivity
- Create better working relationships and a more harmonious workplace
- Learn to step back and take a more measured and strategic approach to workplace issues on both a personal and organizational basis.
As standard course options Kevin Hume and Sydney Meditation Centre offer:
- A one hour or two hour introductory session focusing on key workplace issues and stress-release meditation techniques. Participants will be introduced to basic techniques and their uses.
- A six or eight week structured course with each session of up to one hour devoted to one basic meditation and the introduction of a fresh meditation or mind-focused technique each week designed to help deal specifically with workplace performance issues.
The emphasis throughout is on:
- Providing exercises of immediate relevance and usefulness in a workplace context
- Direct experience in meditating and mind-focused techniques
- The provision of a variety of different easy-to-learn practical techniques which can be used at any time throughout the working day as your needs require
- Providing a sound, evidence-based explanation for each technique learned
- By Arrangement
- Client-specific and
- Dependent upon such factors as class numbers and specific workplace requirements.
Fees vary on average between $350 and $500 per hour for a one-off session or at a discounted rate of $175 to $250 per session for a six or eight session course module.
Here is some of the feedback from recent workplace courses:
‘Just a short note to thank you for the workshop you conducted with the CEO Institute… and the presentation itself, which was extremely well received by our members. The average rating given by members was 9 out of 10. With your permission we will contact you again in the future (for more presentations to our members)’.
Robyn Dowsing, Member Services Administrator (NSW), CEO Institute.
'As CEO of both Privacy NSW and the NSW Anti-Discrimination Board, I am sensitive to the impact stress can have on the health, well-being and productivity of busy staff members. Kevin Hume's course was not only one of the most popular my staff have undertaken, but also of undoubted effectiveness in helping staff find ways of reducing stress and working in a high pressure environment with increased focus and peace of mind'
Chris Puplick, President NSW Anti-Discrimination Board & NSW Privacy Commissioner.